Call for Applicants: International Program Intern
Location: On Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood, CA (about 15 min. from UCLA)
Supervisor: Manager, Global Partnerships
Position Summary: The International Program Intern is primarily responsible for assisting the Project's efforts to share the It Gets Better message abroad, both through its own activities and that of it's network of affiliates around the world. The intern will report directly to the Manager of Global Partnerships (and potentially to other It Gets Better staff when necessary) and will work 10-20 hours per week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
- Curate content to include on the 'Updates' section of the Project's international webpage and in the International Program's monthly blog newsletter.
- Track the social media accounts of the Project's 14 affilaites in Europe and Latin America (and any new affilaites), and provide data summaries of these accounts each month.
- Act as a assistant liaison between the Manager of Global Partnerships and the International Program's Regional Coordinators in Europe and Latin America, as well as occasionally with various affiliate directors and volunteer staff.
- Research grant opportunities for the International Program as a whole, as well as for a variety of its programs and affiliates, and assist in developing proposals for these grants.
- Support the Project's own grant-making and scholarship-giving efforts, such as helping to collect and vet applications to be reviewed by Project staff and board.
- Assist in creating and editing occasional YouTube video content.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Adept on all of the social media platforms used by the Project including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Ability to conduct research and collect basic data with minimal guidance and supervision; a general ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge using Mac computers, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms), and Dropbox.
- Familiarity with creative software programming such as Adobe Suite (Premiere and Photoshop) and other online platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse and international audiences, particularly over email
- Spanish fluency (at least reading and writing) required.
If you're interested in applying (or if you have any questions), email us at email@example.com. Please provide a resumé and a short summary of yourself in the email.
Check out this great story from one of our past interns: