San Francisco Giants become first professional sports team to join the It Gets Better Project
Last month thousands of Giants fans joined Sean Chapin in asking asking the Giants to make an It Gets Better video. The baseball team was already planning on making a video, expedited their production and on the first day of LGBT Pride Month became the first professional sports team to tell LGBT youth that "It Gets Better."
Giants players Matt Cain, Sergio Romo, Andres Torres and Barry Zito join Giants hitting coach Hensley "Bam Bam" Muelens in delivering the "It Gets Better" message in English, Spanish and Japanese.
Here's some of the great coverage and fan reactions:
- MLB.com: Giants support LGBT teens with new video
- New York Times: Giants Contribute to It Gets Better Effort with Video
- San Francisco Chronicle: SF Giants Post "It Gets Better" anti-homophobia video
- KTVU TV (San Francisco): Top Story: SF Giants Release 'It Gets Better' Video
- Yahoo! Sports: The San Francisco Giants Release Their 'It Gets Better' Ad
- Change.org: "San Francisco Fiants Make Pro Sports History with First "It Gets Better" Video
- Mashable: San Francisco Giants Are First MLB Team to Say It Gets Better
The Giants also are promoting the video far and wide. Check our their homepage yesterday:
*Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.